Asian Access staff in Japan make placement decisions by prayerfully taking into account several factors which impact where your team will be placed. We strive to find the best possible fit between North American teams and Japanese churches. First we want to select visionary congregations in Japan. Japanese churches involved in Asian Access’ regional training networks may be given a higher priority if they are more strategic in how they utilize teams. Here are some of the other variables influencing your specific placement (not listed in any particular order):
- The needs of the Japanese host church and the type of team they want. This may be anything from team size to the particular expertise of the team members in certain ministry areas.
- Similar ministry interests and outreach activities
- Team members’ gifts, skills, abilities and hobbies
- Theological compatibility
- Existing relationship between a given sending organization and a host church
- The dates and length of team and the scheduling preference of the Japanese host church
- Any other items the sending organization or team members consider important (like a regional preference, denominational affiliation, etc.).